- You can only upload 3 files.
- The file is exceeding the maximum file size of 8 MB.
For undergraduate and postgraduate students who are studying life sciences／biotechnology or a related academic discipline
MENTORSHIP SCHEME (2019/2020)
Want to explore more about the life sciences/biotech industries in HK and Mainland China? Eager to gain first-hand, valuable insights through one-on-one meetings? If yes, this Scheme is for you!
This mentorship scheme is designed to cultivate young students in the life sciences/ biotech industries, by equipping them with workplace-ready knowledge and soft skills, as well as the ability to network and make relevant connections.
With substantial years of working experience, our chosen mentors are dedicated to help young generation achieve their potentials and discover their strengths. They will also facilitate our mentees to build their own networks, develop their communication skills, and last but not least, prepare them for a life sciences career in HK and Mainland China.
All mentors are industry experts, young entrepreneurs and senior executives from a wide range of professions related to life sciences and biotechnology, including but not limited to:
• Data Analysis
• Investment and Finance
• Law and Compliance
Senior executives with a background other than life sciences (e.g. business or big data) may also be invited as mentors.
Mentees will be able to
- identify potential needs and goals for career development in life sciences;
- improve communication, networking and interpersonal skills;
- gain insights on the biotech industry's latest developments in HK and Mainland China;
- expand personal and professional networks; and
- learn from a mentor and possibly experience “a day in the life of an employee” at the mentor’s workplace.
- The Scheme is open to all undergraduate and postgraduate students, aged 18 or above, who are studying life sciences or a related academic discipline.
- Recent graduates or applicants with a non-life sciences background will be considered on an individual basis.
NUMBER OF PLACES
This first cohort will be between 20 and 40 mentees. HKLSS reserves the right to determine the final number of mentees.
The application is closed. Thank you for your support!
Successful applicants will be notified by December 2019.