- You can only upload 3 files.
- The file is exceeding the maximum file size of 8 MB.
Want to explore more about the life sciences/biotech industries in Hong Kong and Mainland China? Eager to gain first-hand, valuable insights through one-on-one meetings? If yes, this Scheme is for you!
The Mentorship Scheme 2021 is designed to cultivate young students in these industries, by equipping them with workplace-ready knowledge and soft skills, as well as the ability to network and make relevant connections.
With substantial years of working experience, our chosen mentors are dedicated to helping the young generation to achieve their potential and discover their strengths. They will also facilitate our mentees to build their own networks, develop their communication skills, and last but not least, prepare them for a life science career in Hong Kong and Mainland China. All mentors are industry experts, young entrepreneurs and senior executives from a wide range of professions related to our industry, including but not limited to:
• Data Analysis
• Investment and Finance
• Law and Compliance
Senior executives with a background from other disciplines (e.g. business or big data) may also be invited as mentors in this valuable biotech opportunity for Hong Kong students.
Mentees will be able to
- identify potential needs and goals for career development in life sciences;
- improve communication, networking and interpersonal skills;
- gain insights on the biotech industry's latest developments in HK and Mainland China;
- expand personal and professional networks; and
- learn from a mentor and possibly experience “a day in the life of an employee” at the mentor’s workplace.
- The Scheme is open to all undergraduate and postgraduate students, aged 18 or above, who are studying life sciences or a related academic discipline.
- Recent graduates or applicants with a non-life sciences background will be considered on an individual basis.
NUMBER OF PLACES
This cohort will have around 50 mentees. HKLSS reserves the right to determine the final number of mentees.